Skip to main content

Proposal

The game I plan to make for my scratch project will be based on the game Mortal Kombat. The game will likely be much simpler than the original, with characters likely just being non-human(easier to animate. I hope to have each character be capable of at least 5 attack moves and basic movement. The game will have the characters move with movement blocks and fire projectile attacks with looks and movement blocks. Under data there will likely be the speed and health of each of the characters and round number. For four classes I believe I can complete the game with at least 2 characters with the first class likely having me create data variables and creating the animation of the characters. In the second and third class I will likely focus mainly on programming. Finally in the third class I hopefully will be on the background(s)and finishing touches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameMaker - Asteroids - Part C

I've now finished the Asteroid and the google drive link is  here . Like before, the tutorials were a little fast paced for me but I managed to keep up by asking for help or re-watching the videos. I also, again, found that I made several typing errors especially when I though I knew what I was doing and did not follow the tutorials.This time however, I had problems with trying out some new ideas that were not used in the videos and which I came up with myself. I wanted to assign different image indexes of the same sprite to different on objects. This was a little confusing for a while, but with a little help and eventually realizing that I couldn't use a shortcut got me to get what I wanted. Other than that I made some artistic changes in the way the background, spaceship and asteroids looked. I also tried to change the mechanics of the game, in this case, by making the bullets that shoot out of the ship what propel the ship.

Pixel Art

I decided to recreate the Delorean from the Back To The Future trilogy in the form of pixel art, as it was this school that honours Michael J. Fox and his donations to this school and as he stars in the movie. Making the pixel art, I used skills from last year and used an image of the modified Delorean and a picture of lines of fire that is iconic with the vehicle. Pixel Art: the images I used as inspiration:

Scratch Level 4 - Make Your Own Game

My Game link:  https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/191531958/#player 1: Programming this game, I came across several problems, some I found fixable with others not being possible to fix. Some of the problems were with the characters's motion and others with the controls of the game. I found that a player could constantly squat and hold down the fire button which was hard to counter, which was removed by programming with the <not __> block. I also found found that the characters were returning to costumes that made them look like they were turning back and forth which I found was, however, unsolvable in certain cases although it was possible with others by programming entire buttons to do a more advanced motion and not a combination of them. A character selection screen was also another one o my problen with how complicated it  2: I was able to get a basic understanding of the programming of the controls with projectile attacks and the backdrop and the point system from tu